Mission & Values
Lyndon State College prepares every student for personal and professional success through experience-based, high-quality programs in the liberal arts and professional studies.
Quality Education: We offer Quality Education in liberal arts and professional programs that develops creative and critical thinking for success in today’s global society.
Experience: We believe Experience is the hallmark of a Lyndon education, linking theory and practice, both inside and outside the classroom.
Opportunity: We create Opportunity for students of varying ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds to pursue an affordable, high-quality education.
Community: As a Community of life-long learners, we encourage personal and social responsibility, honesty, common sense, collaboration, respect for diversity, and the principles represented in the Lyndon State College Promise.
Integrity: We believe Integrity is emphasized in all facets of our community by holding true to our mission and values in the programs and services we offer and in our internal and external relations.
The Lyndon State College Promise
As a member of the Lyndon State College community I will make a sincere effort to:
- Communicate openly, honestly and respectfully with others
- Practice personal and academic integrity
- Discourage bigotry, respect differences and learn from others’ ideas, values and experiences
- Respect the property of others
- Be curious, think critically, ask questions and actively contribute to the learning environment
- Demonstrate compassion and responsibility through service and involvement at Lyndon and the surrounding community