Directions and Parking
Lyndonville is at Exit 23 on Interstate 91. After exiting the ramp, enter U.S. Rt. 5 north and take an immediate left at the stoplight (Back Center Road). Follow for 1.5 miles to the stop sign. Continue straight for 100 yards, turn left at Lyndon Institute onto College Road. Continue one mile up the hill to the College.
Approximate driving times:
- 3.5 hours from Hartford, Conn.
- 3 hours from Boston
- 6 hours from New York, N.Y.
- 3.5 hours from Portland, Maine
We are located 2.5 hours northwest of Manchester (N.H.) Airport, and 1.5 hours east of Burlington (Vt.) International Airport. Car rentals are suggested when traveling from either airport.
These regulations have been established to protect the safety of faculty, staff, students and visitors, and to control motor vehicle traffic and parking on campus so that college business may be conducted in an orderly manner. Parking or driving a motor vehicle on the LSC campus is a privilege and the owner and/or operator is responsible for seeing that his/her vehicle is neither operated nor parked in violation of these regulations or any regulations/laws of the state.
- College parking and traffic restrictions are indicated by these regulations and/or signs, street markings or curb markings.
- It is the responsibility of all faculty, staff and students operating a motor vehicle on campus to learn and obey these parking and traffic regulations. Ignorance of the provisions of these regulations will not be accepted as a defense for violations. Specific questions relating to these regulations may be directed to the Department of Public Safety.
- The registrant is held responsible for any violation involving the registered vehicle (or the person who is responsible for registering the vehicle if is not registered) when he/she is operating the vehicle or when another individual is using the vehicle.
- Every member of the campus community (faculty, staff and students) must register any motor vehicle they park on college property. This will be enforced at all times.
- Parking permits can be picked up in the Public Safety Office (near the Vail lobby). The Public Safety Office is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- A vehicle is registered only when a valid parking permit for that vehicle is properly displayed. The college parking permit must be affixed to the lower right side of the windshield.
- The issuance of a permit does not guarantee a parking space. Lack of space is not considered a valid excuse for violation of the parking regulations.
- Registered faculty and staff vehicles are permitted to park in all legal parking spaces on campus except Wheelock lot.
All parking and traffic violations are enforced by the Lyndon State College Public Safety Department. The following is a list of some of the violations.
- Operating a vehicle in a reckless manner
- Speeding (the speed limit on all campus roads is 15 m.p.h. except where slower speeds are necessary for safety)
- Failure to adhere to conventional traffic regulations and signs
- Parking in an entrance, exit, traffic lane, or fire lane
- Parking in a driveway, loading dock area, on a sidewalk or walkway, in the inner campus, or blocking a trash dumpster
- Illegally parking in such a way as to constitute a hazard to vehicular and pedestrian traffic or to the movement or operation of emergency equipment
- Parking in a handicapped parking space without authorization or without (HP) or (DV) license plates
- Parking in an unauthorized lot or space
- Failure to obey directions of a member of the Department of Public Safety in the execution of his/her duties
- Parking in such a manner that the adjoining space is rendered unusable
- Parking on the grass
- Failure to register vehicle
- Failure to display parking permit as directed
- Failure to conform to posted signs
Violations & Fines
- No parking permit $10.00
- Driving on grassy area $10.00
- Parking in prohibited area $15.00
- Parking in roadway $15.00
- Parking in handicapped space $75.00
- Blocking security gates $25.00
- Blocking building access $25.00
- Parking in fire lanes $25.00
- Interior campus (the portion of the campus inside of the security gates) $50.00—Public Safety personnel are authorized to issue tickets to any vehicle that inhibits the safe and regular flow of vehicles or pedestrians on campus.
- Reckless driving—May result in a hearing and the hearing officer will determine any penalty.
If a fine is not paid or an appeal not filed within seven working days from the date of the violation, the registrant will be liable for the fine. Parking tickets/fines must be paid at the Business Office.
The college reserves the right to remove or impound any vehicle found on campus that is parked in a driveway, fire lane, and interior campus, blocking a loading dock or trash dumpster, or parked in such a way as to constitute a hazard to vehicular and pedestrian traffic or to the movement or operation of emergency equipment. The owner will be responsible for the costs involved in removing or impounding and storing the vehicle. The recovery fee for all towed vehicles is set by the company performing the service. The towing company will normally also charge a storage fee for each day the vehicle is held by the tow service.
No liability is created by granting of parking or vehicle operating privileges on property owned, leased or otherwise controlled by the college. The college assumes no responsibility for the care or protection of vehicle or contents while operated on college property. Officers of the Department of Public Safety do patrol college parking facilities.