You must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First generation — You must be from the first generation in your family who will obtain a four year college degree.
- Income — Families must have a modest income. Eligibility is based on family unit size and taxable income.
- Additionally, 2/3 of our accepted students must meet both requirements.
And attend one of our Cooperating High Schools:
– Student applies by filling out personal information on page 1 and 2 of application
– Parents complete Family Financial Statement and Transcript Release Form
– Guidance Counselor completes recommendation, after receiving the signed Transcript Release Form
– Math, Science, or English teacher completes recommendation
– Completed applications can be sent to Upward Bound or turned in at the high school’s Guidance Office.
– Before returning application, please be sure that signatures are included.
» Download the Application.
- Student Interview — An Upward Bound staff member meets with each applicant at their high school to discuss the student’s interest.
- Parent Interview — An Upward Bound staff member may meet with the applicant’s family at their home or school to discuss the program in depth and answer questions.