The Lyndon Launch Program
The Lyndon Launch Program at Lyndon State College provides key instructional and support programming to help its participants make a successful transition from high school to college during an intensive 13-day program. During the program, students will take a college-level course and participate in math and writing workshops. In addition, students will attend various workshops and presentations that introduce them to Lyndon’s many resources. Upon completion of the program, students can earn up to 3.0 academic credit hours, and they enter the fall semester equipped with the tools to continue their academic success. Students also participate in on-going academic advising during the fall semester.
Applications will be reviewed and accepted from a wide variety of students on a broad spectrum of academic preparation. Spaces are limited, so early application is encouraged to ensure that your application is reviewed.
Program participants receive:
- One free course that will count toward the general education requirement and graduation
- Leadership and training opportunities designed specifically for program students
- Priority early move-in (for residential students)
Students participating in the Lyndon Launch commit to:
- Participating actively in ALL events, including classes, workshops, activities, and group and individual meetings from August 7th–19st, Sunday–Friday.
- Adhering to Lyndon State College campus and academic policies during all program events, including no overnight guests in the residence halls
- Successfully completing the course offered during the program
- Participating actively in new student orientation activities during the two days following the summer intensive.
Please check your Next Stop: Lyndon booklet online at http://www.lyndonstate.edu/firstyearexperience for an application!