Turn your last year of high school into your first year of college.
Lyndon State College is excited to offer a non-residential program just for Vermont high school students: the Early College Program. Lyndon’s Early College Program will allow approved students to choose from a variety of courses at Lyndon while exploring their choice of degree programs and experiencing the college academic environment. Each course successfully completed at Lyndon counts toward both high school and college. You must be at least 16 years old and enrolled full time in high school or in an approved home-school program in order to be considered for admission to the Early College program.
Early College Program
- Spend your senior year of high school taking classes at Lyndon State College.
- Earn up to 30 college credits over two semesters.
- Complete your high school graduation requirements at the same time.
- Enjoy access to Lyndon’s many campus resources without living on campus.
- Application Deadline is April 15th for fall 2015.
- Early College students can continue to participate in high school activities as long as the meet the VPA’s eligibility guidelines.
- Early College Students are held to the same grading standards and assessments as other students enrolled at Lyndon.
Early College is made possible by Vermont’s Flexible Pathways Initiative. Tuition is waived, but students are expected to cover the cost of books and any applicable fees.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: April 15, 2015 for 2015–2016 Academic Year.
All prospective ECP students must submit the following:
- Early College Program application, scroll down to download form
- Early College Program Principal/Headmaster authorization form, scroll down to download form
- Letter of recommendation from either guidance counselor or home school coordinator
- SAT or ACT scores if student has taken either test (not required)
- Official High School transcripts
- Personal Essay (see page 3 of the ECP application for instructions)
After all documents have been received, the ECP coordinator will schedule an interview. Once a student has been accepted into Lyndon’s ECP, the ECP coordinator will waive the student’s tuition deposit. A maximum of 18 students will be accepted to the program.
Submit application documents by e-mail, fax, or mail to:
Lyndon State College
1001 College Rd.
P.O. Box 919
Lyndonville, VT 05851
Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR)
- SOAR booklets will be included with the student’s acceptance package.
- Prior to the student’s SOAR session, math and English placement tests must be completed.
- ECP students will be placed in the 2nd SOAR session, which will take place over a two day period at the end of June. Attendance at SOAR is mandatory.
- Students will register for classes during their SOAR session.
- Books can be ordered at any time after students have registered for classes.
Please keep in mind that only tuition is waived for the ECP participants. Any and all arrangements for the payment of fees, meal plans, health insurance, etc., must be made by August 8, 2015. There will be a charge of $2,133 to any full time student not covered by another medical plan. Fee amount subject to change, pending federal health reform effective date.
Even though ECP students will not be residential students, they are welcome and encouraged to attend Lyndon State College’s Fall Kickoff which will take place the weekend before the start of classes.
Classes for the fall 2015 semester begin on Monday, August 24th. ECP students wishing to try out for fall athletics will be required to be available by Saturday, August 15th, 2015.
Trevor Barski, Associate Director of Admissions