Applying For Financial Aid
Beginning October 1, on an annual basis, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to February 15.
- Apply online at FAFSA.gov.
- Once your data has been submitted, the Department of Education will forward the information electronically to all schools you authorize to receive your information.
- You will receive an email from the Department of Education containing a link to your processed FAFSA, aka Student Aid Report.
- If you completed your FAFSA with estimated income, return to FAFSA.gov, to update your FAFSA with actual tax data using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT).
- The priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA at Lyndon State is February 15.
- Applying by our priority deadline ensures that you will be considered for all forms of federal aid.
- Late applications are awarded in chronological order by their date of receipt and are subject to the availability of funds.
- If you are a returning student, you will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education reminding you to complete a renewal FAFSA.
If you have any questions, contact us by email, or call us at 802 626-6396.