Applying For Financial Aid
Beginning October 1, on an annual basis, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to February 15.
- Create an FSA ID for the student and one parent to e-sign the FAFSA.
- Apply online at FAFSA.gov using Lyndon’s school code: 003689.
- Use the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) for both parent’s and student’s 2015 federal tax information.
- View “7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA: A Student’s Guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.”
- You will receive an email from the Department of Education containing a link to your processed FAFSA, aka Student Aid Report.
- The priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA at Lyndon State is February 15. Applying by this date ensures that you will be considered for all forms of federal aid.
- Late applications are awarded in chronological order by their date of receipt and are subject to the availability of funds.
- If you are a returning student, you will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education reminding you to complete a renewal FAFSA.
If you have any questions, contact us by email, or call us at 802 626-6396.