Scholarships Based on Financial Need
Important dates and information for scholarship consideration
- New and transfer students: April 1
- Returning students: April 15
- The FAFSA priority filing window is October 1–February 15
- Requests to be considered for the Lyndon Promise Scholarship will be accepted as long as funding remains available each year
- These scholarships are for new students enrolling for Fall 2017 ONLY.
Lyndon Promise Scholarship
Lyndon is aware of the extraordinary economic circumstances affecting our country. Many families sending their students to college in the years to come face financial uncertainties that may affect their ability to pay for college over the entire four years.
In response to these circumstances, we have established the renewable Lyndon Promise Scholarship. This scholarship is awarded to students with at least a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Requests for the Lyndon Promise Scholarship will be accepted as long as funds remain available each year. The scholarship committee meets periodically beginning in April to determine recipients.
Contact the financial aid department for more information by email, or call us at 802 626-6396.
- Based on combination of complete academic record and unmet need as reflected on the FAFSA; SAT scores are not required for this scholarship
- Students may be Vermont students, out-of-state students, or NEBHE eligible; they may be first-year or transfer students
- A minimum of 24+ credits must be completed each year
- The minimum GPA for renewal is a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- The FAFSA as filed each year must provide proof of unmet need
Questions regarding this scholarship should be directed to the admissions counselor for your state.
Lyndon Early Promise Program
With the help of the Jane’s Trust, the Patrick and Marcelle Leahy Center for Rural Students at Lyndon State College established the Early Promise Scholarship Program to assist graduating high school seniors who are the first in their immediate family to attend college and who plan to continue their education at Lyndon State College. It provides students who would otherwise not be able to afford a four-year college degree with up to $5,000 scholarship per year for four years.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR FIRST YEAR AND TRANSFER STUDENTS
- General Scholarship Application for First-Year and Transfer Students
- Norman Sebastian Scholarship in Meteorology
- Jim Cantore Scholarship in Meteorology
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR RETURNING STUDENTS
- Alumni Scholarship Application
- Faculty/Staff Scholarship Application
- General Scholarship Application for Returning Students
- Gil and Avis Ford Scholarship in Meteorology
- Gilson Reeves Scholarship
- Irene Blanchard Scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCHES & RESOURCES
- Neil and Louise Tillotson Fund
- Scholarships for Vermont Residents
- Scholarships for New Hampshire residents
- Scholarship Search