The Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon Program allows vets to receive post 9/11 benefits. Member institutions work with the VA to choose the amount of tuition and fees that will be covered; the VA will match the amount. Qualified veterans pay Vermont resident tuition rates and fees will be covered.
- Veterans are eligible for these resources if they are offered the maximum benefit rate for the post 9/11 GI bill. (Active duty service members and their spouses are not eligible for these benefits.)
- You are eligible for this program if you served at least 36 months of active duty after September 10, 2001.
- You are eligible under this program if you were honorably discharged due to an injury related to your service after serving at least thirty days after September 10, 2001.
- Veterans seeking resources from this program can not be active duty service members or a spouse transferee of an active duty member.
- Member institutions can not offer this benefit to more individuals than stated in their agreement and must submit your enrollment to the VA.
More information at Benefits Of The Yellow Ribbon Program Page.
Shane Mason, Student Services Consultant