Lyndon Community: Updates on any closings at the College are at 802 626-6767.
UPDATE: 8:17 a.m. • Red Village is open and Broad Street in Lyndonville is currently open. Miller’s Run bridge is still closed.
7:03 a.m. • Please find updates on current road conditions here. The McGoff Hill Road entrance to LSC is the recommended route to campus this morning. That entrance is accessible from the South Wheelock Road, Route 5, and Interstate 91.
• Red Village Road is also closed between Lyndonville and Severence Hill Rd.
• As of 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 15, flood waters have risen to the point of several temporary road closures in the area. It is not unusual for this to happen this time of year given the melting snowpack and heavy rain that we have experienced throughout the day.
Flooding Tips and Precautions
1. Stay Alert for email and text alerts from the campus.
2. If you are in need of some type of assistance as a result of rising water (on or off campus), please call public safety at 802 626-6452.
3. Be prepared and listen to all warnings issued for the area. Rising water can overtake a vehicle or your home/apartment building very quickly.
4. Do not venture off campus or away from your home this evening unless it is an emergency.
5. If you come upon a flooded road while driving, please turn around and go another way. Most cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
6. Do not go floating, boating, or swimming in flood-waters, streams or rivers.
7. Use special caution at night because flood danger is more difficult to recognize in darkness.
8. Stay Away From Power Lines and Electrical Wires. Electrocution is a major killer in floods. Electrical current can travel through water.
Link to important information about local conditions
National Weather Service Announcements:
VTrans status map road closings:
http://vtransmaps.vermont.gov/VTrans511/511live.htm or call 511.