Zane Pfefferle, Ph.D., CSCS
Assistant Professor, Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Exercise Science
Bio: Dr. Pfefferle earned his bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science from Doane University in Crete, Nebraska in 2010. While an undergraduate he completed internships and work experience with the strength and conditioning program at Grand Island Senior High school in Grand Island, Nebraska.
Following the completion of his bachelor’s degree Dr. Pfefferle moved on to continue his education at Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts earning his master’s degree in strength and conditioning in 2013 and Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology in 2014. During his time at Springfield College, Dr. Pfefferle completed additional internship experiences in strength and conditioning at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts and The University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware.
Over the time that Dr. Pfefferle was at Springfield College he taught courses for the Physical Education Program, coached throwers for the track and field team, and was the strength and conditioning coach for throwers, and the women’s track and field team.
Dr. Pfefferle began teaching at Lyndon State College in the fall of 2014. In the time that Dr. Pfefferle has been at Lyndon State he has served as the faculty representative for the Lyndon State College Weight Lifting Club and oversees the strength and conditioning program for the varsity athletics programs.
- Ph.D. Exercise Physiology, Springfield College (2014)
- M.S. Strength and Conditioning, Springfield College (2013)
- B.S. Exercise Science, Doane University (2010)
Courses Taught at LSC:
- Neuromuscular Development, Learning, and Control
- Practicum in Exercise Science
- Fundamentals of Physical Conditioning
- Resistance Training
- Olympic and Power Lifting
Areas of Interest, Expertise, and/or Research:
- Strength and Conditioning
- Endocrine response to strength training
- Neuromuscular adaptations to strength training
- Biomechanical basis of strength and power
- 802 626-6701
- Office: Vail 337