Work Study Information
Work Study is a federally funded program designed to assist exceptionally needy students with educational costs. Work-Study is a need-based program.
How Do I Qualify for Work Study?
- File your Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15 at http://www.fafsa.gov.
In addition to early application, there are four other qualifications in order to be awarded work-study:
- You must be enrolled at least 6 credits per semester and must be working towards a degree at Lyndon State College.
- You must qualify on the basis of need. Need is determined by the Financial Aid Office after evaluating your FAFSA.
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress. See Downloadable File below.
- If selected, you must complete the verification process.
Failure to turn in necessary documents when requested may result in loss of work-study eligibility. You will receive notification on whether or not you are eligible for work-study on your Financial Aid Award Letter/Email Notification. If your award package does not include a work-study amount, you are not eligible.
To find out if you have been awarded Work-Study funding for the current year:
- Go to Web Services in the Portal, Click on Student Financial Aid.
- Click on Financial Aid Award Letter.
- Click on Submit for the Award Year and make sure that you have accepted (A-Accept) your work study funding.
If you’re ineligible for Work-Study funding:
- Check with Sodexo, the College’s food service. They hire students to work in the Stevens Dining Hall or the Hornet’s Nest Snack Bar.
- Depending on departmental budgets and students’ specific skills, students may be hired by these departments:
Education/Psych • Exercise Science • Math • Atmospheric Science • Business Department • Mountain Recreation • TV Studies/EJA • Academic Support • Conferences • Library • Quimby Gallery • Theatre Tech Crew • Switchboard • Intramurals • Residential Life • SHAPE • Finance Budget/Payroll • Public Safety • Copy Center • Information Technology • Institutional Advancement • Admissions • Maintenance • Custodial • EXCEL/Trio
If you have any questions about eligibility, contact us at LSCFinancialAid@lyndonstate.edu or call us at 802 626-6396.
Amy Wright, M.Ed., Director
802 626-6441 | 802 626-9770 Fax