Work Study Information
Work Study is a federally funded program designed to assist exceptionally needy with educational costs. Work-Study is a need-based program.
How Do I Qualify for Work Study?
In addition to early application, there are four other qualifications in order to be awarded work-study:
- You must be enrolled at least 6 credits per semester and must be working towards a degree at Lyndon State College.
- You must qualify on the basis of need. Need is determined by the Financial Aid Office after evaluating your FAFSA.
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress.
- If selected, you must complete the verification process.
Failure to turn in necessary documents when requested may result in loss of work-study eligibility. You will receive notification on whether or not you are eligible for work-study on your Financial Aid Award Letter/Email Notification. If your award package does not include a work-study amount, you are not eligible.
What forms do I need to fill out?
- Your work-study contract must be signed by both you and your supervisor before you are allowed to work.
- If you have never worked under the Work-Study program at LSC, you must complete an I-9 and W-4 form with your supervisor.
To find out if you have been awarded Work-Study funding for the current year:
Go to Web Services in the Portal, Click on Student Financial Aid:
Then Click on Financial Aid Award Letter:
Click on Submit for the Award Year and make sure that you have accepted (A-Accept) your work study funding:
If you’re ineligible for Work-Study funding:
- Check with Sodexo, the College’s food service. They hire students to work in the Stevens Dining Hall or the Hornet’s Nest Snack Bar.
- Check LSC Connections
- Depending on departmental budgets and students’ specific skills, students may be hired by these departments:
• Education/Psych/… Exercise Science…Math…Atmospheric Science
• Business Department…Mountain Recreation…TV Studies/EJA
• Academic Support…Conferences…Library…Quimby Gallery
• Theatre – Tech Crew…Switchboard…Intramurals…Residential Life
• SHAPE…Finance Budget/Payroll…Public Safety…Copy Center
• Information Technology…Institutional Advancement…Admissions
If you have any questions about eligibility, contact us at LSCFinancialAid@lyndonstate.edu or call us at 802 626-6396.
Questions about job openings may be directed to Danielle.Berrien@lyndonstate.edu in Career Services.