How to check for Work-Study funding and apply for jobs:
- Work study is a federally funded program designed to enable students in need of financial help with educational costs. Work study is a need-based program. Check your Financial Aid Award Notice via Web Services to determine if you are eligible.
- If you were awarded work study and have held a job at Lyndon previously, your work study contract will be in your Lyndon mailbox. If you have outstanding documentation, your contract will be in Student Services.
- If you were awarded work study (WS) and are NEW to working on campus, then you do the following:
- Pick up your WS contract in Career Services, LAC 323.
- Select a job you’re interested in and contact department to apply
- If hired, contract will be completed by department AND you
- RETURN contract to Career Services WITH the following ID and bank info (plan on 15 minutes to complete documents)
- US Passport or passport card OR Driver License or Lyndon ID card AND Birth Certificate or Social Security card (for Federal I-9 form)
- Bank routing and account numbers (for direct deposit form)
What to do if you don’t have work study: If you did NOT receive a work study award and are seeking a direct hire position, please inquire with the department of interest. The department will complete a contract with you and forward it to the Student Payroll office directly. For more information click on “Work Study Eligibility” tab to the left. Good luck to you!