FAIR: Promoting Fairness, Awareness, Inclusion, and Relationships in Our Community
Purpose & Responsibilities
The purpose of Lyndon F.A.I.R. is to serve our community as a resource and catalyst for social justice consultation, advocacy, and activism. We will do so by:
- Engaging in consistent, open, and honest communication with each other and with all members of our community.
- Actively collaborating with all members of our community in regard to issues of social justice.
- Providing consultation and resources to colleagues in our community on issues related to social justice.
- Advocating for, by working with, disenfranchised members of our community.
- Coordinating programming which addresses the social justice needs in our community.
- Creating opportunities for activism in support of social justice in our community.
- Providing leadership in our community on issues related to social justice.
- Engaging in an ongoing process of self-assessment and accountability.
2015–2016 Year of Compassion
Following last year’s Year of Social Justice, President Bertolino has designated 2015-2016 as the Year of Compassion at Lyndon State College.
We believe that a compassionate world is possible when everyone treats others as they wish to be treated — with dignity, equity, and respect. (From the Charter for Compassion.)
Members of the Committee
Deb Bailin, Dylan Poutre, David Johnston, Brett Santo, Erin Rossetti, Jonathan Davis, Margaret George, Kate Gold, Jinai Gordon, Chris Dorsey, Connor Cyrus, Henekis Stoddard, Kiley Hayes, & Pat Shine
Sexual & Racial Harassment Contacts
Jonathan Davis, Policy 311 Co-Coordinator/Dean of Students
Rita Bole 304
Kate Gold, Policy 311 Co-Coordinator/Student Success Specialist
Video, Group & Research Guides
- Year of Social Justice Video: Jamie Robertson
- Year of Social Justice Video: Kenedi Hall
- Year of Social Justice - Civil Rights Alum Video
- Year of Social Justice - Gender Equity Alum Video
- Year of Social Justice - LGBT Alum Video
- You Can Play
- Join our Facebook Group or Like Us
- Library’s research guides – Social Justice
- Non-discrimination and Prevention of Harassment Policy
- Sexual Misconduct, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking Policy
- Sexual Assault
- Harassment Policy
- Civility Policy