Maintain electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, & custodial services
Physical Plant Mission Statement
The mission of the Physical Plant Department is to provide and maintain a clean, safe, aesthetically pleasing environment, one that functions well for all that are using the Lyndon campus.
1041 McGoff Hill (across from the Stonehenge parking lot)
Office Hours (Monday–Friday): 7 a.m.–3 p.m.
Office Hours (Monday–Friday): 5 a.m.–1 p.m.
Physical Plant Interesting Facts
Work orders generate most of the daily work for Physical Plant. The turnaround time for most is within one week.
- There are 11 boilers in five boiler rooms which provide heat to our 24 buildings.
- There are 23 licensed vehicles available for use by maintenance, classes, clubs, and three golf carts.
- To maintain the landscaping and snow removal on campus, there are three tractors, two mowers, weed wackers & trimmers. Twenty-six acres are mowed and we have four athletic fields.
- 24,000 rolls of toilet tissue and 6,000 rolls of paper towels were used last year. We know everyone washed their hands because we provided 330 cartridges of soap for the dispensers.
- We used 150 gallons of floor finish of which 100 gallons is used for the Stannard and Bole Gymnasiums and racquet ball courts and that particular product cost $78.00 per gallon.
- Seven hundred and thirty two gallons of concentrated floor and surface cleaners are diluted at about two ounces per gallon of water and made over 47,000 gallons of cleaning product.
- Over 34,000 vinyl gloves were used for the protection of the custodian’s hands.
- There are approximately 198 tons of trash removed from campus yearly.
- Single-stream recycling is picked up twice a week.
- There are 40 emergency telephones.
- We have 952 parking spaces on campus.
- The campus has three ponds.
- 219 cases of trash bags were purchased within the last year.