Applying For Financial Aid
Beginning October 1, on an annual basis, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to March 15.
- Create an FSA ID for the student and one parent to e-sign the FAFSA.
- Apply online at FAFSA.gov. This is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Be sure to provide our “Federal School Code” in the required section on the FAFSA. Your information will then be forwarded to the correct Aid Office by the federal processor. The Federal School Code is 003689.
- Use the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) for both parent’s and student’s 2016 federal tax information.
- View “7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA: A Student’s Guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.”
- You will receive an email from the Department of Education containing a link to your processed FAFSA, aka Student Aid Report.
- The priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA at Lyndon is March 15 for new and returning students. Applying by this date ensures that you will be considered for all forms of federal aid.
- Vermont residents should apply for a state grant online at VSAC.org. Non-residents should inquire within their own state Higher Education Agency.
- Late applications are awarded in chronological order by their date of receipt and are subject to the availability of funds.
- If you are a returning student, you will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education reminding you to complete a renewal FAFSA. Returning students: the priority deadline is March 15.
If you have any questions, contact us by email, or call us at 802.626.6396.