Transfer Student Placement and Orientation
The determination about whether a transfer student must take writing and/or math placement tests is made by the Office of the Registrar upon receipt of official transcripts from all colleges previously attended.
Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR)
The number of transfer credits you carry will determine whether you will be required to attend a student orientation session.
- Transfer students with 44 or less credits must attend the entire SOAR program.
- Transfer students with between 45–59 credits are only required to attend the second day of the SOAR program. In this program, students attend a series of workshops that will provide all of the necessary information for matriculation at Lyndon as a transfer student.
- Transfer students with 60 or more credits: Contact “First Year Experience” office 802 626-6393 to make an academic advising appointment.
After We Receive Your Tuition Deposit
You will be mailed a Next Stop: Lyndon booklet and a letter stating which SOAR session you have been assigned to. If your assigned date does not work with your summer schedule, please call the First Year Experience Office at 802.626.6393.
SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising and Registration) Will Help You…
- Meet with a faculty advisor and finalize your fall semester class schedule.
- Meet with campus leaders who will be here to support you along your path toward graduation.
- Tour campus and attend workshops to get an inside look at the many resources available for all Lyndon students.
- Learn about the involvement and leadership opportunities that await you.
- Get to know your Peer Leader who is sure to become one of your most valuable contacts on campus.