Recently renovated to expand and modernize facilities, the Visual Arts Department is home to generous instructional space equipped with state-of-the-art Mac computers, professional-grade equipment, wireless connectivity, virtual reality capabilities, and a new 3-D printer.
The space includes:
- Three design labs dedicated to graphic design, video, animation, and web design with 24-hour access for students in the program
- Two art studios to facilitate instruction in book arts, drawing, painting, and sculpture
- One photography darkroom and classroom including film loading and developing stations, 14-enlarger printing stations, and instruction area
- The Quimby Gallery, which presents exhibits of local and regional artists as well as student art shows.
- New technology including a Maker-Bot Replicator for 3-D printing and two Oculus headsets for virtual reality viewings.