Registrar FAQ

How and why do I need to log in to the portal?

  • Visit Portal.VSC.edu and log in with same user name and password as your Lyndon email.
  • Find links to Moodle, Web Services, the Lyndon catalog, Library, etc.
  • View announcements regarding class cancellations, changes to schedules, upcoming events, etc.
  • REMEMBER: the official means for communicating with students at Lyndon is via their campus mailbox, the portal, and their Lyndon email.

Who is my advisor?

  • You can find out who your advisor is by visiting Web Services in the portal (Portal.VSC.edu).
  • Choose Student Academic Profile and then, My Profile.
  • View the information we have on file for you, including your current advisor.

Where is my campus mailbox and what is my box number?

  • You can find out what you campus box number is either at the Student Services office on the third floor of Vail (Vail 348) or in the Mailroom/Copy Center.
  • Pick up your mailbox key at the Mailroom/Copy Center.
  • REMEMBER: the official means for communicating with students at Lyndon is via their campus mailbox, the portal, and their Lyndon email.

Can I take courses over the summer either at Lyndon or another college?

  • Yes. Courses are offered at Lyndon during the summer (some on campus, some online). The summer schedule is typically available by mid-March so students can plan accordingly.
  • Registration for summer courses at Lyndon takes place at the same time as registration for the upcoming fall semester.
  • Students can also take courses at another college during the summer if the school is regionally accredited. Official transcripts should be mailed to:

Lyndon State College
Attn: Registrar’s Office
PO Box 919
Lyndonville, VT 05851

Why can’t I register online?

  • In order to be eligible to register online you need to have met with your advisor and have been cleared to register online.
  • You cannot have a financial, medical, academic, or library hold and register online.

Financial hold: contact Student Services to speak with a consultant
Medical hold: contact the Health Services Office (in the Brown House)
Academic hold: contact Academic Support
Library hold: contact Student Services to speak with a consultant

  • You may only register during the allotted time for your current class standing, and current class standing is determined by the number of earned credits you have at the time of registration.

Class Standing
Freshman: 0–29.9 credits
Sophomore: 30–59.9 credits
Junior: 60–89.9 credits
Senior: 90+ credits

Where can I find dates and deadlines for the Registrar’s Office?

Course Offerings and Catalogs. This page contains semester calendars with the dates and deadlines for the current academic year.

How do I register for classes?

  1. First you must meet with your advisor and receive pre-approval, each term, before you can register yourself online for classes. Log in to the Portal and go to the Web Services links on the right hand side of the page. Click on the Register for Classes link. Be sure to check that your name and academic program show correctly. If it does, click on “Correct” and proceed. If the information is incorrect, follow the instructions on the screen.
  2. There are two ways to select classes: Express Registration or Search and Register. Either method may be used to place the desired sections in a preferred section batch file from which final registration can be made. Several sections may be selected to see which fit the best. If you know the unique section synonyms or know the exact section information, use Express Registration (this is, by far, the easiest way to register). Enter either just the synonyms, or the subject, course number, and section number for each section. ALWAYS BE SURE TO SELECT THE TERM FOR WHICH YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR EACH SECTION — THIS WILL MAKE THE SEARCH MUCH FASTER! Then, hit submit. This selects the chosen sections and places them into a preferred sections batch for registration. Do not forget to select labs for those sections that require them.
  3. If you do not know the section information, select Search and Register for Sections, enter the term and at least one other piece of information such as location (LSC) or academic level (UG), and submit. Once the list is created, select the sections to place in the preferred section batch for registration by clicking in the box next to each section and then clicking submit. This selects the chosen sections and places them into a preferred sections batch for registration. Do not forget to select labs for those sections that require them. YOU ARE NOT FINISHED YET!
  4. Select Register for all sections or individually for each desired section and hit submit. You can also remove sections from the batch by selecting RM instead of RG. If the section is open and the requisites have been met, when you submit, the appropriate action will take place. If not, a warning will appear at the top of the page explaining the problem. It is always recommended that you look at your schedule in Web Services, after registration, to ensure that your schedule appears the way you thought it would and to verify days and times of classes.

How do I add and drop classes?

If the computer will not allow you to add a class, it may be the class is full, you do not have the prerequisite(s) for the course or you need the instructor’s permission. If this is the case, you will need to email the instructor for permission. Once permission is received via email, simply forward the email to StudentAccounts@LyndonState.edu for processing. See Course Offerings and Catalogs for specific add/drop deadlines for each semester.

Please note: You cannot ADD classes online after the first week of the fall and spring semesters, and you cannot DROP classes online after the second week of the fall and spring semesters. Adds and drops must be done with an add/drop email after those time periods. As of the first day of the summer term, ALL adds and drops must be done with an add/drop email—none can be done online.

How do I change my major or advisor?

You may change your major and/or advisor by simply filling out the Lyndon Change Major/Advisor Form form and submitting it to the Registrar’s Office for processing. Advisors are assigned to majors and the Registrar’s Office will assign you an advisor based on your change of major. You can request a specific advisor if you wish, but it is necessary for you to obtain a signature from that person before submitting your form. It is advised that you check out your new program in the catalog to familiarize yourself with the requirements of your new major.

» Lyndon Change Major Advisor Form

What should I know about my program evaluation?

Your program evaluation should be used only to check the successful completion of required classes for your degree. Because the evaluation takes into consideration items such as repeated classes, basic skills (pre-college) math classes, etc., you cannot use the program evaluation to check on the number of credits you have earned – you need to use your unofficial transcript to check earned credits. The unofficial transcript can be found on Web Services — “Student Academic Profile” and then “Transcript”. Pick the LUG option for completed classes, or the LDAU option for completed classes plus classes in which you are currently enrolled.

Will my credits from another college transfer to Lyndon?

  • Yes, as long as the other institution is regionally accredited and you earned a grade of C- or better in the course(s). Some classes may transfer in as meeting major requirements, while others transfer in as elective credits. Determination will be made by the Transfer Coordinator in consultation with the Registrar and faculty in the appropriate discipline. United States Armed Forces Institute courses, and study completed at service schools will be credited as recommended by the American Council on Education in disciplines taught at Lyndon.
  • You must have an official transcript sent to the Registrar’s Office for evaluation.

Direct any specific questions to

Student Services
802.626.6396 | 802.626.6702 (Fax)

How do I apply for graduation?

  • Go to Web Services in the Portal, click on Student Academic Planning, and then Graduation Application. Fill out the form and click on Submit.
  • Once you have submitted your application, you will be contacted via Lyndon email regarding the status of your graduation, and with any questions that may arise. So, be sure to check your Lyndon email!

Direct specific questions regarding graduation to:

Your Advisor, and/or
Evelyn Franz, Recorder
Vail 352

How do I get my transcript sent to another college or other outside entity?
Lyndon State College is pleased to announce that we are now using Parchment Exchange as our trusted agent for processing all transcript requests as well as delivering academic transcripts electronically. This process, is completely secure and is a “green initiative’ that provides you with the fastest delivery time. Please click on the Transcript Request tab (above) for complete information and instructions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you have a financial obligation to Lyndon or any of the Vermont State Colleges, or an outstanding Perkins Loan, we will not be able to release your transcript.

How do I request a degree or enrollment verification for an employer, insurance company, scholarship, etc?
For current students: go to Student Clearinghouse and log in using your Lyndon user name and password. Here you can:

  • Access your enrollment information (current and past) at any time
  • Print enrollment verification certificates to send to health insurers, loan providers or other organizations that require proof of your attendance at Lyndon
  • Check the deferment forms and electronic notifications sent to your lenders
  • Obtain a list of your student loan lenders and link to real-time loan information
  • View enrollment verifications provided to student services providers at your request

For prior students and employers: Lyndon has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as our agent for all verification of student enrollment. Please visit the Clearinghouse online, or contact them by telephone at 703 742-4200. Lyndon has also authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree verification. If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information, please contact the National Student Clearinghouse, or via mail:

National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171


Registrar's Office
Vail 348